Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tokyo

6 billion of us

One of the things that has crossed my mind when I'm on the Tokyo subway us how fleeting our connections are as humans to other humans. I couldn't help but look at people on the subway and think to myself I'll never see them again, and that's so true. there's 6 billion of us; in big cities we catch a glimpse of another person, sometimes be self-concious of ourselves. But in reality it matters little. We will never see these people again.

Perhaps its a stark realization. Perhaps blunt. We all have our own ambitions, our own worries. Our own prejudices.

And what ties us to one another, other than family, is the chance meeting that turns into a repeated occurence.

So I guess part of the question to life is another question: who cares? Do as you please, don't hurt anyone. Be happy, get what you can, help who you can. Be true to yourself, but don't let that limit you.