Thursday, March 27, 2008

Travelling in Japan

Many times when I travel I get the feeling of overt racism. Nothing is usually said, its more looks and actions. Its rather sad, since I keep a very open mind having now travelled much of the (civilized) world. So many people have a hard time smiling. it does affect me, but hey I have always lived outside their demographic. More than anything we should feel pity for these people for their shame and ignorance. if that sounds somewhat spiteful- it isn't really; they are the past, people like me, Chris, Sean, and many others young and old who push the boundaries are the future. To these other ugly people, hold on to your prejudices - because I assure you they will be destroyed.

One thing I have come to appreciate is how open, friendly, and welcoming Brits are. I think they are even more so than North Americans, at least while I'm travelling. Am privileged to be British, maybe more so than Canadian.